Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2009 :  23:15:03  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
These fields bear a strange crop.

1. What is the purpose of this place?

2. What's its name?

3. Where is it?

Click for larger version

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2009 :  11:39:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hint # 1: One particular spot in these fields is a national focus of potentially revolutionary fervor.

Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2009 :  12:18:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mooner (Agent .007)

Because there are really smart people out there working on this and I really want that Veyron, I'm going to guess that it is The U.S. Government's medical marijuana crop growing at the University of Mississippi, in Oxford, Mississippi.

That's straight off the top of my head (or straight out from the other end, as some would say!)
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2009 :  12:27:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by bngbuck

Mooner (Agent .007)

Because there are really smart people out there working on this and I really want that Veyron, I'm going to guess that it is The U.S. Government's medical marijuana crop growing at the University of Mississippi, in Oxford, Mississippi.

That's straight off the top of my head (or straight out from the other end, as some would say!)
Sorry, no cigar. And no Veyron.

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2009 :  12:29:06   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hint # 2: The "crop" there is metaphorical.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26022 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2009 :  13:05:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Since so much time has gone by, I'll say that I was pretty sure it's a graveyard from just the title of the thread, but today my Google skills aren't up to the task of identifying which one.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2009 :  13:19:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

Since so much time has gone by, I'll say that I was pretty sure it's a graveyard from just the title of the thread, but today my Google skills aren't up to the task of identifying which one.
Hint # 3: Good thinking, Dave.

Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2009 :  18:59:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mooner.........

An industrial recovery processing plant (similar in concept to leaching fields)?
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2009 :  19:05:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Mooner.........

An industrial recovery processing plant (similar in concept to leaching fields)?
No. See Hint # 3, above.

Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2009 :  01:17:59   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The only thing I can get that is anywhere close is Najaf in Iraq, but the metaphorical "crop" doesn't quite fit, and the photo doesn't even look close to a cemetery almost encircling a city.

More clues, or I give up, Mooner
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2009 :  03:03:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hint # 4: These fields include a large shrine to a theocrat.

Go to Top of Page

tw101356
Skeptic Friend

USA
333 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2009 :  03:39:09   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send tw101356 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Behesht-e Zahra Cemetery in Tehran, Iran

or properly...

1. cemetery
2. Behesht-e Zahra
3. Tehran, Iran

Ayatollah Khomeini's tomb is located here.

- TW
Edited by - tw101356 on 09/04/2009 03:46:48
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26022 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2009 :  04:40:17   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote

...the photo doesn't even look close to a cemetery almost encircling a city.
Where did you get this part? It's only about a mile wide.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

tw101356
Skeptic Friend

USA
333 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2009 :  07:50:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send tw101356 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

...the photo doesn't even look close to a cemetery almost encircling a city.
Where did you get this part? It's only about a mile wide.

I think he meant that the photo posted by Halfmooner doesn't look like it encircles an entire city whereas the cemetery in Najaf, Iraq nearly encircles Najaf. Najaf is the obvious (well, to me and to bngbuck) place too look as it is one of the largest in the world and the arid terrain and clues seemed to match, but the road layout and buildings are so much different that it could not possibly be the place.

I had looked at Teheran after examining Najaf, but did not pan far enough south the first time I looked. The second time I looked, I did so at a lower zoom level and spotted it immediately.

- TW
Go to Top of Page

bngbuck
SFN Addict

USA
2437 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2009 :  11:08:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send bngbuck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations, tw101356! This was a hellishly tough one with little to direct one to examine the Middle East, a false trail of metaphorical description, and the absolute necessity of Dave's ESP (he suffers from precognition, postcognition, currentcognition, and irritable bowel syndrome.) He should have at least one of your precious points for intuiting (I'll get an argument, here) the burying ground concept behind Mooner's agricultural red herring "crop"reference.

You will learn, tw101356, that Mooner is a diabolical spawn of the Devil, versed in cunning, deceit, and bamboozlery; and he will trick you into many a merry chase around Google's barn before you penetrate his Machiavellian manipulation. You have done well, my son, and may Zeus bless you in your search for Moonlight in the darkness.
Go to Top of Page

tw101356
Skeptic Friend

USA
333 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2009 :  12:16:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send tw101356 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks bngbuck. The cemetery part seemed pretty obvious to me (a strange crop might well be one that is planted six feet under), and the aerial photo looked like a cemetery - orderly rows of whitish somethings, orderly entry routes from external roads, traffic circles, paved roads surrounding small (500 x 500 foot) bits of land. Farmland would only have dirt tracks around sections that size and nothing fancy sitting in a traffic circle on the main road in unless it was some sort of showcase experimental farm for a large agrobusiness.

But I had no intention of mentioning cemetery in a post until I had the whole answer. Can't give anything away to the competition.

- TW
Edited by - tw101356 on 09/04/2009 12:17:34
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds.