From an email my brother sent me
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2010 :  22:19:33  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Did you know that the words "race car" spelled backwards still spells "race car"?

That "eat" is the only word that, if you take the 1st letter and move it to the last, spells its past tense, "ate"?

And if you rearrange the letters in "so-called tea party Republicans," and add just a few more letters, it spells: "Shut up you free-loading, progress-blocking, benefit-grabbing, resource-sucking, violent, hypocritical assholes, and face the fact that you nearly wrecked the country under Bush."

How weird is that?

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.

Ebone4rock
SFN Regular

USA
894 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2010 :  05:21:03   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Ebone4rock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Did you know that "facetious" is the only word in the English language that uses all of the vowels in order...and sometimes "y" (facetiously).

Oh and by the way....Is Obama doing anything better? Not that I've seen.

Haole with heart, thats all I'll ever be. I'm not a part of the North Shore society. Stuck on the shoulder, that's where you'll find me. Digging for scraps with the kooks in line. -Offspring
Go to Top of Page

Starman
SFN Regular

Sweden
1613 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2010 :  06:00:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send Starman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Ebone4rock

Oh and by the way....Is Obama doing anything better?
Yes.
Not in all areas but still, yes.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2010 :  06:53:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Did you know that "facetious" is the only word in the English language that uses all of the vowels in order...and sometimes "y" (facetiously).
No, I hadn't known that, but appreciate the information.
As phrased, that's an especially easy question. Dick Fugging Nixon would be doing better than that lot.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

BigPapaSmurf
SFN Die Hard

3192 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2010 :  07:08:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send BigPapaSmurf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Previously mentioned somewhere but relevant...

"Skepticisms" is the longest word which alternates hands with each letter on a QWERTY.

"...things I have neither seen nor experienced nor heard tell of from anybody else; things, what is more, that do not in fact exist and could not ever exist at all. So my readers must not believe a word I say." -Lucian on his book True History

"...They accept such things on faith alone, without any evidence. So if a fraudulent and cunning person who knows how to take advantage of a situation comes among them, he can make himself rich in a short time." -Lucian critical of early Christians c.166 AD From his book, De Morte Peregrini
Go to Top of Page

The Rat
SFN Regular

Canada
1370 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2010 :  15:50:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit The Rat's Homepage Send The Rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Well let's see... Intelligence failure leading to a terrorist attack and a war? Nope. Allowing the mastermind of the whole terrorist bunch to get away so that he could have a perpetual boogey-man? Nope. Lying his way into another war so that his VP's company could get rich? Haven't seen that. Removing regulations on oil companies so that they could police themselves and result in an environmental catastrophe? Don't think so. Ignore a looming credit crisis which causes a world-wide financial meltdown and recession? Hasn't happened under Obama.

Bush and Cheney are criminals, plain and simple, and they should be arrested and locked up for life.

Bailey's second law; There is no relationship between the three virtues of intelligence, education, and wisdom.

You fiend! Never have I encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church? - The Bishop of Bath and Wells, Blackadder II

Baculum's page: http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3947338590
Go to Top of Page

tw101356
Skeptic Friend

USA
333 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2010 :  20:57:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send tw101356 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bookkeeper is the only English word with three consecutive double letters.

- TW
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds.