Do You Know This Face? (38)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2012 :  21:35:11  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote

If you know this face, please post the name below.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26022 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2012 :  21:49:20   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jessica Ahlquist.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2012 :  22:11:33   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It isn't.

Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2012 :  01:16:47   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sara Palin

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2012 :  02:29:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by sailingsoul

Sara Palin

No.

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2012 :  03:48:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hint: This person has been a scientist for at least six years. The face above is from a recent photo.

Go to Top of Page

moakley
SFN Regular

USA
1888 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2012 :  04:54:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send moakley a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Abbie Smith - ERV

Life is good

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. -Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2012 :  05:14:58   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by moakley

Abbie Smith - ERV
Not her, either.

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13477 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2012 :  09:30:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm stumped, so far...

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2012 :  10:02:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hint: She was not yet ten when she did something that relatively few well-educated adults manage.

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2012 :  10:03:31   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

I'm stumped, so far...
Correct! You are stumped.

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13477 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2012 :  10:42:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Emily Rosa?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2012 :  11:07:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

Emily Rosa?
Correct, Kil! That was a hard one.

Emily Rosa was, at age nine, the youngest person ever to publish a peer-reviewed paper in a major medical journal. In 1996, Emily designed and executed an experiment that debunked "Therapeutic Touch," a form of quackery that's been taught in major nursing schools. At the time, it was the only real scientific test of Therapeutic Touch, and began to make medical and nursing educators more aware of creeping quackery.

Ms. Rosa has since gone on to graduate from the University of Colorado at Denver in 2009 with a psych major.

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13477 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2012 :  11:11:42   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am very familiar with Emily Rosa's accomplishment. I even mentioned it in a kil report. What stumped me, and why I put in a question mark, was the six years working as a scientist hint. I think that's a bit of an exaggeration. But I might be wrong.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2012 :  11:40:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

I am very familiar with Emily Rosa's accomplishment. I even mentioned it in a kil report. What stumped me, and why I put in a question mark, was the six years working as a scientist hint. I think that's a bit of an exaggeration. But I might be wrong.
Sorry about that. I quickly calculated in my head from 1996, when she did her TT experiment and paper to 2009, when she graduated, calculating way wrong, of course, using the stony calculus build-up in my noggin. The figure should have been about 13 years. But I wasn't justified to assume she was actually doing science all that time before she graduated. Maybe so, maybe no. Duh. Sorry, was tired and rushing at the time.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds.