ICANN Has Cheezburger?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2008 :  12:13:32  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote

International Non-Profit Organization Claims to Offer No Fast Food, LOLcats

Marina Del Rey, California, Feb. 18, 2008 (InterWebz Times) -- "No, you cannot has -- I mean have -- a cheeseburger," said Ellen Pearson, Public Relations Director of ICANN. "We are a California non-profit corporation that was created on September 18, 1998 in order to oversee a number of Internet-related tasks previously performed directly on behalf of the U.S. Government by other organizations, notably IANA. We are not Burger King or McDonald's."

ICANN Headquarters in Marina Del Rey

"Thank you for your interest," said Ms. Pearson. "No, we do not have cats of any variety, either. ICANN stands for the 'Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers.'"

"ICANN neither serves burgers, nor harbors felines. The tasks of ICANN include managing the assignment of domain names and IP addresses. To date, much of its work has concerned the introduction of new generic top-level domains. The technical work of ICANN is referred to as the IANA function; the rest of ICANN is mostly concerned with defining policy. Not cheeseburgers or cats."

"Look, I'm sorry, but you really must be confusing our organization with something entirely different. We have no cute, burger-eating cats, no walruses, no ferrets, puppies or lost 'bukkets.' However, you may be interested to know that on September 29, 2006, ICANN signed a new agreement with the United States Department of Commerce (DOC) that is a step forward toward the full management of the Internet's system of centrally coordinated identifiers through the multi-stakeholder model of consultation that ICANN represents. Thank you, but I must now return to my office to feed my cyootzy wootsy hamstahs. I wuv their widdle tocks!"

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 02/18/2008 14:18:17

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13477 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2008 :  12:27:25   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh hey, I know that building, or should I say buildings because there are two of them with that lower building in the picture dividing them. It's in my neck of the woods. It's just an office building with dental offices, psychiatrists and, you know, anyone who can afford the rent which apparently includes the ICANN...

I used to live in close walking distance to them and drive by them regularly... My brother kept is boat in the same lot that is in the photo.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2008 :  12:32:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

It's just an office building with dental offices, psychiatrists and, you know, anyone who can afford the rent which apparently includes the ICANN...
ICANNT.

Edited by - HalfMooner on 02/18/2008 12:34:41
Go to Top of Page

JohnOAS
SFN Regular

Australia
800 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2008 :  04:20:34   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit JohnOAS's Homepage Send JohnOAS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Damn fine work, Half.

But then I thought, it's too good to not have happened before. I didn't even have to use Google's extra switches to include parallel universes in the search results.

Clicking on the images takes you to the sources.

John's just this guy, you know.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2008 :  11:50:23   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
LOL! Yeah, GMTA, and so do minor ones.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds.