Dino Devours Coconut
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2008 :  07:26:04  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ken Ham Creation Museum creationism creationist creo Answers in Genesis AIG liar pious fraud dinosaurs ate coconuts

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26022 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2008 :  07:40:18   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If Hovind weren't in jail, he'd rip the critter's arms off with his bare hands. Or so he says.

- Dave W. (Private Msg, EMail)
Evidently, I rock!
Why not question something for a change?
Visit Dave's Psoriasis Info, too.
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2008 :  07:41:54   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Dave W.

If Hovind weren't in jail, he'd rip the critter's arms off with his bare hands. Or so he says.
I bet old Kent really scares the other inmates when he tells that story.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26022 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2008 :  08:03:08   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner

Especially since when he tells it, it's a T. Rex, and not some wimpy 'raptor.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2008 :  08:32:43   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Especially since when he tells it, it's a T. Rex, and not some wimpy 'raptor.
That tale probably prevents all kinds of unwelcome butt-sex.

Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2008 :  08:41:45   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I know, I know! That's even more hysterical than Ham's hallucination. Cracks me up every time I think about it.

I've got something else going at the moment, but I'll take these'uns apart anyway. Due to it's mass, T. rex was far from the fastest car on the race track, but it was still remarkably quick & agile. To run up to one, leap up and grab it by it's little arm (nobody is sure what these limbs were used for, if anything), and twist one off assumes super speed on the part of the optimist, and the strength of Godzilla. And most likely, the fellow would get a coconut dropped on his head for his effort. Or snapped up, depending on the fantasy.

Sooo.... How exactly did T.rex manage to eat a coconut? Doesn't hardly seem possible, does it? Well, it ain't.

Anyone who has ever tried to shuck a coconut knows that while T. rex's teeth were serrated wonders, it would have to hold the nut down to tear into it the husk. This it could not do with it's forelimbs and the I can think of few clumsier maneuver for it's hind ones. But then, with the husk removed, it must now break the shell. And there goes all of the nutritious milk spilling out on the ground because T. rex had no lips to speak of. Ok, then the animal simply swallowed the nut whole.... and a fat lot of nutrition that would hand over! Get's better 'n better, doesn't it?

Well, maybe it chewed up & ate only tender, young coconuts; how 'bout that, then? Nope, that won't work either. T. rex would still lose all the milk and as there is very little meat in a young coconut, it'd still go to bed without supper. There is also the fact that while palms became common in the Cretaceous, it is not known when coconuts evolved. And it is doubtful if there were any were within the animal's range, at least I haven't heard of palm fossils in Wyoming. If anyone has, holler!

'Mooner, I see but one mistake if your effort: Ham's head is not a coconut but a coprolite.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2008 :  08:53:48   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The funniest thing about Kent Hovind is that he's ignorant, stupid, crazy, and he just makes shit up. But his crazy-ignorant-stupidity is so dense, I think he actually believes his own lies.

But Ken Ham's a different critter. I think there's no way this guy believes the stuff he tells people. He's got a sweet racket going, is all.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26022 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2008 :  09:01:07   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Somewhere on the Web is an open invitation to Hovind to go rip a leg off a live and loose crocodile, about the closest thing we've got to a T. Rex these days. Hovind just has to name a time and place, and the guy who made the invitation will bring the croc. The offer was made long before Hovind went to prison, but Kent never took him up on it.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2008 :  09:08:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Somewhere on the Web is an open invitation to Hovind to go rip a leg off a live and loose crocodile, about the closest thing we've got to a T. Rex these days. Hovind just has to name a time and place, and the guy who made the invitation will bring the croc. The offer was made long before Hovind went to prison, but Kent never took him up on it.
Hell, I'll supply the croc! I've an aquaintence who keeps a 12 foot Orinoco and I'm sure he'll let me borrow "The Snap" for such a worthy cause.

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2008 :  09:12:14   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Isn't an ostrich a closer relation to a T. Rex than is an crock? I'd bet an ostrich would kick the ... tar out of Hovind.

Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2008 :  09:14:19   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by filthy

Hell, I'll supply the croc! I've an aquaintence who keeps a 12 foot Orinoco and I'm sure he'll let me borrow "The Snap" for such a worthy cause.

No need to wait forever for an official acceptance. Just slip the crock into Hovind's cell.

Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26022 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2008 :  09:17:11   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dunno whether an ostrich is closer or not genetically, but sure doesn't seem that way morphologically. The beast needs teeth, at least.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

H. Humbert
SFN Die Hard

USA
4574 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2008 :  09:30:36   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send H. Humbert a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Teeth aside, do you have any idea how hard it is to rip off the arm of an animal? I'm not sure I could rip a turkey's leg off using just my bare hands, let alone a muscled dino. Skin is tough...imagine dinosaur hide.

"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true." --Demosthenes

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool." --Richard P. Feynman

"Face facts with dignity." --found inside a fortune cookie
Edited by - H. Humbert on 02/26/2008 09:30:52
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2008 :  09:35:49   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Isn't an ostrich a closer relation to a T. Rex than is an crock? I'd bet an ostrich would kick the ... tar out of Hovind.

Ummm, actually it is related more closely related to the Dromaosaurs (Velocoraptor, et al.), rather than the Coelurosaurs (Tyrannisaurids). No matter, they have a kick that the NFL teams would commit buggery upon their grandmothers to sign up.

Quite a few Theropods developed beaks, including some Dromaosaurs

and Crypto-Communist!

Edited by - filthy on 02/26/2008 09:38:30
Go to Top of Page

Dave W.
Info Junkie

USA
26022 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2008 :  10:01:05   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Dave W.'s Homepage Send Dave W. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by H. Humbert

Skin is tough...imagine dinosaur hide.
But that's not even the limiting factor. Think about the ligaments and tendons that hold the joints together. Look at how much force is required to just reset a dislocated human shoulder. And Hovind thinks he can not only stretch them, but rip them apart.

Evidently, I rock!
Go to Top of Page

pleco
SFN Addict

USA
2998 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2008 :  10:16:38   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit pleco's Homepage Send pleco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think you give too much credit to the dinosaur - Ham's cabesa is much too hard for those teeth...

by Filthy
The neo-con methane machine will soon be running at full fart.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds.