Wishful dreaming at Convervapedia.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2010 :  06:31:44  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The fruit bats at Conservapedia have concluded that they have atheism on the run (which is why this is posted in Humor ).
Essay: Atheism is a clown and it did not know it

"The hostility I am getting over this question is unbelievable...It's like..picture this...Atheism is a clown and it didn't know it. And then I got the clown and I walked it over...I forced it to look itself in the mirror. And it sees itself in all its red hair, big nose, big shoes, polka dot glory." - Christian YouTube video producer shockofgod [1] see also: Attempts to dilute the definition of atheism (photo obtained from Flickr, see: Creative commons license agreement)

We've long known that these folks are delusional and this is merely another bit of evidence. He confuses hilarity for hostility.
I received another email about someone becoming a Christian and leaving atheism... Now as you guys know, the atheist community on YouTube and also on radio and TV...They are in panic mode. It is obvious. Everyone on YouTube can see that this question that we are asking atheists that they cannot answer is really panicking the atheist community....Here is the question and then we will get to these awesome emails of atheists leaving atheism because the atheists cannot provide proof and evidence that atheism is accurate and correct...The question is: What proof and evidence can you provide that PROVES that atheism is accurate and correct?...You see I left atheism because the lack of proof and evidence that it is accurate and correct. The proof and evidence is for Jesus Christ.[2]

Fine, prove the divinity of Jesus, giving all pertinent, empirical evidences and see how many atheists you can convince in here.

I think that they are whistling past the grave yard. From all that I have read, atheism and agnosticism are growing.

Read on; this is entirely tripe, but it is hilarious tripe.

Atheists frantically searching for proof and evidence that atheism is true.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2010 :  07:48:32   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
[i]Originally posted by filthy

Atheists frantically searching for proof and evidence that atheism is true.

They are consistent. Here they take a picture of a police helicopter and claim it's "Atheists frantically searching" . Oh, Oh! I'm so frantic that I can't prove their imaginary God isn't real. Wrong! This is great in the morning. A good laugh.

They claim Atheism is on the run? That is very funny too.

It's on the run alright, it's running their asses right out of town, exposing their lies and made up bullshit, all over the place. Please! Atheist forums welcome and tolerate as best they can, theist on their forums. While they gag and ban Atheists on theirs. I address Theists here, where is there a Theist forum that won't ban Robb a theists for asking questions, they can't address, let alone welcome the likes of Throgolucky ???? The days are fading where Theist can burn as witches defenseless old women, place under arrest and murder those who dare disagree with there pathetic woo woo dogma. Hateful hypocrites they all are. They say Islam is a religion of love and peace, they say Christianity is a religion of love and peace , HA, that's funny also! It is their actions, their day to day words and actions that betray their true character. Not their flapping lips, their waving hands or misrepresentations of police helicopters. SS

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2010 :  09:17:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, I see. The author has simply confused the term, "evidence" with "making shit up." The latter is what atheists lack, and something the theists have in abundance.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
Go to Top of Page

the_ignored
SFN Addict

2562 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2010 :  12:27:39   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send the_ignored a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"The hostility I am getting over this question is unbelievable...It's like..picture this...Atheism is a clown and it didn't know it. And then I got the clown and I walked it over...I forced it to look itself in the mirror. And it sees itself in all its red hair, big nose, big shoes, polka dot glory." - Christian YouTube video producer shockofgod [1] see also: Attempts to dilute the definition of atheism (photo obtained from Flickr, see: Creative commons license agreement)

So Schlafly has an article from that shockofgod character, eh?

The pagans really love him too.

Someone once prank called the man,

more here

This guy has links to several videos on the side where "shockofgod" gets spanked.

>From: enuffenuff@fastmail.fm
(excerpt follows):
> I'm looking to teach these two bastards a lesson they'll never forget.
> Personal visit by mates of mine. No violence, just a wee little chat.
>
> **** has also committed more crimes than you can count with his
> incitement of hatred against a religion. That law came in about 2007
> much to ****'s ignorance. That is fact and his writing will become well
> know as well as him becoming a publicly known icon of hatred.
>
> Good luck with that fuckwit. And Reynold, fucking run, and don't stop.
> Disappear would be best as it was you who dared to attack me on my
> illness knowing nothing of the cause. You disgust me and you are top of
> the list boy. Again, no violence. Just regular reminders of who's there
> and visits to see you are behaving. Nothing scary in reality. But I'd
> still disappear if I was you.

What brought that on? this. Original posting here.

Another example of this guy's lunacy here.
Edited by - the_ignored on 08/13/2010 12:52:16
Go to Top of Page

chefcrsh
Skeptic Friend

Hong Kong
380 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2010 :  16:51:30   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send chefcrsh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by HalfMooner

Ah, I see. The author has simply confused the term, "evidence" with "making shit up." The latter is what atheists lack, and something the theists have in abundance.

A common event at Conservapedia, noted here at the one true souse of wisdom on the intertubes, http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Conservapedia

onservapedia[1] is the wiki-based online encyclopedia project that purports itself to be "the trustworthy encyclopedia." This motto was chosen collectively over a narrowly-losing alternative slogan, "the bullshit encyclopedia. It's just utter bullshit."
Go to Top of Page

filthy
SFN Die Hard

USA
14408 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2010 :  04:23:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send filthy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
More amusing dreck from Conservapedia, This time they are trying to flog PZ Myers (and the Journal Nature) into perdition with their usual aplomb.
Conservapædia must have a stiffy for me

Category: Creationism • Kooks
Posted on: August 17, 2010 6:50 PM, by PZ Myers

Just the other week, Conservapædia made their page on PZ Myers their featured article for the week; now they've made the Pharyngula blog a target of their cranky ire. Here's their description:

Myers' blog is also listed by the science journal Nature, which also embraces evolutionary pseudoscience, as the best blog by a scientist. Pharyngula is known for its sarcastic and often specious criticism of creation science and intelligent design theory,[3][4] as well as regular postings of photos of cephalopods (often with vulgarly sexual connotations both subtle and blatant).
Isn't it charming that they lump Nature and a mere blog as similar? I do appreciate that they noticed "subtle and blatant" vulgar sexual connotations about cephalopods — I'm going to have to offend them even more in the future, thanks to their encouragement.

The two links in the article are the height of unintentional comedy and they have, to my eye, a thread of desperation running through them. This shows up in how Andy (or somebody) repeats himself endlessly, and the two writings are all but identical.

It is to laugh; they accuse Myers of a lack of scholarship!

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -- Adolf Hitler (1889 - 1945)

"If only we could impeach on the basis of criminal stupidity, 90% of the Rethuglicans and half of the Democrats would be thrown out of office." ~~ P.Z. Myres

"The default position of human nature is to punch the other guy in the face and take his stuff." ~~ Dude

Brother Boot Knife of Warm Humanitarianism,

and Crypto-Communist!

Go to Top of Page

The Rat
SFN Regular

Canada
1370 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2010 :  21:20:50   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit The Rat's Homepage Send The Rat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by filthy

To me this looks like what a gynecologist would see between the stirrups after dropping acid.

Bailey's second law; There is no relationship between the three virtues of intelligence, education, and wisdom.

You fiend! Never have I encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church? - The Bishop of Bath and Wells, Blackadder II

Baculum's page: http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3947338590
Go to Top of Page

Valiant Dancer
Forum Goalie

USA
4826 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2010 :  20:19:51   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Valiant Dancer's Homepage Send Valiant Dancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by the_ignored

So Schlafly has an article from that shockofgod character, eh?

The pagans really love him too.

Someone once prank called the man,

more here

This guy has links to several videos on the side where "shockofgod" gets spanked.

Ah, yes. You've found the online-wouldn't-know-how-to-camp-if-given-the-chance Neo-pagans (13th degree self-initiated on the astral).

We neo-pagans do keep an eye on the fundies. They have used some pretty scummy tactics and spread misinformation about us. It's always good to find out what one might be accused of.

Cthulhu/Asmodeus when you're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils

Brother Cutlass of Reasoned Discussion
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds.