Board game: "Missionary Conquest"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2012 :  11:16:39  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately, this is a real game:
My friend Zach pointed me to a description of this game yesterday, and I found it so ridiculous that I had to post something about it. As I understand it, each player in the game is an American missionary, and the goal of the game is to establish as many missions as possible by going on short-term missions trips, and doing investments.

Here are some actual excerpts from game cards:

In Cuba “You tell crowds that communism does not work. For that, you are arrested and expelled from the country. Gain 75 Blessings.”

In Ethiopia “You win a communist leader to Christ. Gain 50 Blessings.”

In Greece “While visiting an olive grove you eat green olives. Wrong. Wrong. Dr’s are expensive in Greece. Lose 25 Blessings.”

and my personal favorite

In Iraq ” You preached on the streets of Qum (a holy city) even though you were warned not to in a dream. You were stoned to death by fanatical Muslims. Gain 150 Blessings.”

Apparently with this game, there are two primary types of people who need to be converted to Christianity, Communists(who must give up their communism and embrace good old fashioned Conservative American, free market, consumer, capitalist economy as well as Christ) and Muslims(apparently disobeying God and going somewhere after you were warned not to will net you 150 blessings).

. . .

I just made the packaging a bit more honest:

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds.