Do You Know This Face? (32)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2012 :  04:51:52  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote

If you know this face, please post the name below.

Biology is just physics that has begun to smell bad.” —HalfMooner
Here's a link to Moonscape News, and one to its Archive.

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2012 :  08:53:57   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hint: Practiced fraudulent science of the worst kind.

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13477 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2012 :  09:13:41   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Andrew Wakefield.

Uncertainty may make you uncomfortable. Certainty makes you ridiculous.

Why not question something for a change?

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

sailingsoul
SFN Addict

2830 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2012 :  09:26:15   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send sailingsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I got two questions Mooner. Does kil get a page when you posts a new one and who is A. Wakefield? Never mind I don't want to know but I suspect your going to tell me.

There are only two types of religious people, the deceivers and the deceived. SS
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2012 :  09:27:46   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

Andrew Wakefield.
Yes! Congrats again, Kil!

Andrew Wakefield is the former British physician who fabricated a series of scientific studies that he said linked autism (and his invented disease, "autistic colitis") to the MMR vaccine. Silly goods in the anti-vax crowd went crazy, making Wakefield their hero. But Wakefield only faked his studies to set himself up to get money from a company that was planning to cash in on his nonsense.

This was all "the worst kind" of fraud, because his bogus studies encouraged parents world-wide not to get their kids vaccinated against potentially devastating but easily-prevented diseases. Wakefield made money and a brief fame, while kids died. Scumbag!

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13477 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2012 :  10:04:35   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wakefield is also at the bottom of the Gluten Free diet fad that's going on now which also came out of his leaky gut study and was pushed by Jennifer McCarthy.

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2012 :  10:15:04   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

Wakefield is also at the bottom of the Gluten Free diet fad that's going on now which also came out of his leaky gut study and was pushed by Jennifer McCarthy.
I did not know that. My understanding is that some people are legitimately allergic to gluten, but for those that are not, it's simply a food component, harmless in itself. I love to bake sourdough bread. Without gluten as the natural polymer holding it together, no such bread is possible.

Go to Top of Page

Kil
Evil Skeptic

USA
13477 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2012 :  10:36:37   [Permalink]  Show Profile  Visit Kil's Homepage  Send Kil an AOL message  Send Kil a Yahoo! Message Send Kil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Free the Glutens, or When a Cookie isn't Just a Cookie

Genetic Literacy Project
Go to Top of Page

HalfMooner
Dingaling

Philippines
15831 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2012 :  10:39:29   [Permalink]  Show Profile Send HalfMooner a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by Kil

Free the Glutens, or When a Cookie isn't Just a Cookie
That's a great article. Thanks, Kil!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

The mission of the Skeptic Friends Network is to promote skepticism, critical thinking, science and logic as the best methods for evaluating all claims of fact, and we invite active participation by our members to create a skeptical community with a wide variety of viewpoints and expertise.

Home | Skeptic Forums | Skeptic Summary | The Kil Report | Creation/Evolution | Rationally Speaking | Skeptillaneous | About Skepticism | Fan Mail | Claims List | Calendar & Events | Skeptic Links | Book Reviews | Gift Shop | SFN on Facebook | Staff | Contact Us

Skeptic Friends Network
© 2008 Skeptic Friends Network Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds.